SheeShee’s Christmas Mix
This is my momâ€™s recipe, something sheâ€™s made every Christmas for as long as I can remember. Itâ€™s probably the thing I most look forward to during the holidays. Iâ€™ve (obviously) already made one batch and will probably make at least one more this season. Itâ€™s that good. Just be careful, itâ€™s pretty addictive. We went through the entire batch in 24 hours! Eep!
|SheeShee’s Christmas Mix||
- 3 cup Cocoa Puffs
- 3 cup rice cereal squares (or any of the square cereals)
- 1 1/2 cp small twisted pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cereals, pretzels and nuts in 9×13 baking pan (metal works better).
- In medium sauce pan, cook brown sugar, butter and light corn syrup over medium
- heat until it comes to a boil. Let the mixture boil without stirring for 4
- minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cream of tartar, baking soda and
- vanilla. Pour over cereal mix in 9×13 and stir gently to coat. Bake in 300
- degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15. Spread on foil to cool. Keep
- in covered container. Makes a great gift in little cellophane bags!