August 21, 2010 in pork
We are loving the pizza right now, huh? It’s a quick dinner to pull together (as long as you remember to get the crust going early enough) and it’s always a crowd pleaser. I’ve been trying to make one once a week because it’s also an inexpensive meal, especially one like this where the main ingredients are eggs and a few slices of bacon.
I have always wanted to make a pizza with eggs on top but I was afraid of how my husband would react. He’s been happy with all of my pizza creations so far but eggs? On pizza? I thought that might just be too much for him.
He loved it. I loved it. My 3 year old specifically requested a piece with an egg and then tore it up. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Next time I will add more chives (there’s something you’ll never hear me say again) because the chives totally made the whole thing.
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cups grated mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 500F or follow package instruction.
- Fry bacon strips over medium-high heat until crisp. Cool on a plate lined with paper towels. Crumble. Set aside.
- Dust your baking sheet with cornmeal and stretch dough to fit. Sprinkle with Parmesan, mozzarella, and bacon. Crack eggs over top and season and season with salt and pepper. Brush the exposed crust with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle chives over top.
adapted from Smitten Kitchen