Ranch Mac & Cheese
Macaroni and cheese is one of the only things everyone in my house agrees on. My husband and 3 year old could eat it every night for the rest of their lives and be happy about it. I like to claim that I donâ€™t like mac & cheese but I do love a truly great one and this one, itâ€™s a great one.
Itâ€™s a simple macaroni and cheese recipe that includes a packet of ranch mix and some other seasonings, like lemon pepper, that donâ€™t sound like they would be good in macaroni. Well, everything works somehow and itâ€™s absolutely delicious. Everyone loved it, including my 9 month old, and I can definitely see myself making this (or my husband requesting it) many times over the years.
One note: youâ€™re probably used to using flour as a thickener in macaroni and cheese and might be worried when you see that this recipe doesnâ€™t call for it. I was worried too but once the sour cream was stirred in, it thickened right up.
|Ranch Mac & Cheese||
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the crackers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
adapted from Taste of Home