Happy Friday! It’s an even happier Friday this week because I’ve got a great giveaway for you!
I was recently contacted by Tate’s Bake Shop about receiving (and giving away!) a trio of their famous cookies and a signed copy of the Tate’s Bake Shop Cookbook written by Kathleen King. Obviously I said yes.
I’m a cookbook addict and couldn’t wait to crack this bad boy open. It’s my favorite kind of cookbook because everything is simple and recognizable.There are lots of cookies, cake, pies, muffins, breads, just about everything you could ever want to bake.
As soon as the book arrived I did what any normal person would do: I opened up the index and found peanut butter. These peanut butter squares jumped out at me immediately. They are a peanut butter and sugar mixture topped with chocolate. How can you go wrong there? And you don’t even have to bake it! Seriously! I had them mixed up in about 10 minutes and we were able to dig in after about 30 minutes of chill time. The super simple recipe will be at the bottom of this post for anyone who wants to make them!
Can we talk about how exciting it was to have all those cookies show up on my doorstep? My children went crazy of course and proceeded to eat most of the chocolate chip ones as soon as I opened the box. I preferred the white chocolate macadamia which were so buttery that they just about melt in your mouth. I typically go for fat, chewy cookies but these were so delicious that they may have converted me.
Here’s how you can enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me about your favorite holiday treat. Feel free to leave a link if you have one!
- Become a fan of Tate’s Bake Shop on Facebook. Come back and leave another comment.Tweet the following: “Enter to win a signed Tate’s Bake Shop Cookbook & trio of cookies from @fakeginger: http://bit.ly/fzWDhE“. Come back and leave another comment.
The giveaway is only open to US residents. The giveaway ends next Friday, December 10 at midnight Eastern time. I will use random.org to choose the winner.
Giveaway is closed! The Winner is:
Amber! Check your email! :)
Don’t worry if you don’t win though! Tate’s is offering a 15% discount to anyone to uses the code “cookie” when checking out until December 31st!
from Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, powdered sugar, butter, and peanut butter, and beat them with an electric mixer until they are smooth and well blended. Pat into an ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch pan. Roll the mixture flat on top with a rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter on top of a double boiler or in the microwave. Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture and cut into squares while the chocolate is still warm and soft.
- Chill the mixture for about 15 minutes and remove the squares from the pan.