January 25, 2012 in chicken
Pizza night is always a favorite around here. The boys love is because, well, boys just love pizza! I love it because it’s fast and easy and no one whines about having to finish what’s on their plate. I have been trying to branch out for the usual pepperoni and definitely found a winner in this one!
Instead of a red sauce, this pizza uses ranch dressing with a good bit of garlic mixed in. I know ranch on pizza doesn’t sound very appealing but I promise it’s really good with the chicken and the fresh tomatoes that are added on top. And the combination of mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan is just perfect!
It’s definitely going to become a regular in our pizza rotation!
(I served the Cheesy Breadsticks with it! They were great together!)
1 pizza crust, homemade or store-bought
For the sauce:
⅔ cup Ranch dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
For the toppings:
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced thinly
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Butter or grease a 16-inch round pizza pan. Stretch pizza dough to fit pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the ranch dressing and minced garlic. Spread the sauce mixture over the crust.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheeses. Spread about half of the cheese mixture over the sauce.
- Evenly spread the chicken, tomatoes, and green onions over the pizza. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes. Check pizza after 10 minutes, and continue to check every few minutes until top is browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove pizza from oven, allow to cool slightly, and slice. Serve hot and enjoy!
French Fridays with Dorie – Quartre-Quarts