June 19, 2012 in 27 before
Today is my 27th birthday! I made myself a pie!
You guys have seen the “30 before 30″ lists around, right? I wanted to do something similar to that but lord knows I’d get bored with anything that I had to stick with for an entire year. So this is a list of 27 things that I want to do before this deployment is over.
Most are pretty silly, food-related things but they’re things that I’ve been wanting to do and just haven’t gotten around to doing them. Hopefully a list keeps me on track. Monthly progress reports to come.
(Pie recipe coming tomorrow!)
Take the boys to The Airplane Restaurant
2. Try a new homemade pizza every Friday.
3. Make croissants.
4. Track down The Springs Cupcake Truck.
Try that lavender bubble tea that always taunts me when I visit my favorite bubble tea shack.
6. Can something.
7. Find the best sesame chicken in this city.
8. Take the boys to The Children’s Museum in Denver.
9. Buy wine glasses.
10. Pick a theme for the older boys’ room and run with it.
11. Hike the incline.
12. Find a ball gown.
13. Do a craft/project every week with the boys (until school starts).
14. Read 6 books a month.
15. Plan a post-deployment vacation.
16. Make root beer floats.
17. Roadtrip it to Alabama.
18. Finally hang stuff on the walls. (We’ve been here over a year and still have unpacked boxes!)
19. Go to the Denver aquarium.
20. Finish Insanity. Do it again.
21. Take a picnic lunch to Garden of the Gods.
22. See a movie at the drive-in in Pueblo.
23. Participate in an FRG activity.
24. Fire up the grill.
25. Try local coffee shops/bakeries.
26. Attend a food festival.
27. Take homecoming photos for at least one friend – hopefully more if I have childcare.