With NFL officially starting this past week, football season is in full swing and I cannot be more excited about that! Two out of three of my teams won so I’m loving life. That Saints game was a bit of a nail-biter, right?
With football season comes football food which is my absolute favorite kind of food! It’s always cheesy and meaty and oh-so-bad for you. This recipe is no exception. It has sausage, bacon, three kinds of cheese, refried beans, jalapenos… basically everything I love. It was so delicious and even my husband, who had his own dish of paleo spinach artichoke dip, couldn’t keep his hands off it.
I’m looking forward another great season of football and sharing what I’m cooking with you guys. I’m thinking I’m going to share these recipes on Mondays…? In past seasons I’ve always done Friday but I feel like that it’s better to give you time to get to the store for all the cheese and bacon that you’re gonna need. Yeah?
from Creole Contessa
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To prepare the first layer, place everything in a food processor, blend until almost smooth. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, add bacon and fry until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but about 1 teaspoon of bacon grease.
- Add andouille sausage to bacon grease. Break up and cook and completely cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add beans to bacon/sausage grease and cook about 5 minutes.
- Assembly dip in the above order. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.