It’s time for my final Halloween post! I hope you guys enjoyed the week and got some good ideas for spooky treats.
And sorry this post is much later than it usually is. Normally I prep posts at night and then type something up early in the morning but I was feeling especially lazy this morning and then I had to get my spray tan on because I was also especially lazy yesterday and skipped my usual spray tan time. And then I got sucked into the vortex that is Target. AND THEN I got home to a very bad husky. I’ve been locking her in the older boys’ room because she breaks out of her crate and destroys stuff and I figure there’s not really much she can destroy in there. Well, she pulled up a tiny bit of carpet. So yeah.
Anyway, I saved this treat for last because it was my favorite. It is chocolate covered pretzels on steroids! This batch didn’t last 2 hours in my house. It’s so good and so cute with the little eyeballs on top. And btw, I’ve seen the eyeballs at Target, Walmart, and Michaels this year. You should be able to find them just about anywhere.
If you’re a fan of chocolate covered pretzels, I definitely recommend making this. Soon.
adapted from Cookies & Cups
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer of pretzels.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave if you prefer) until smooth. Pour over pretzels - go slow so you don't disturb them. Use a rubber spatula to smooth it out and make sure all the pretzels are covered. Lay another single layer of pretzels on top of the white chocolate. Allow to firm up at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate in a clean double boiler (or microwave) until smooth. Pour over the second layer of pretzels - once again, go slowly or your pretzels will get messed up. Smooth it out with a rubber spatula.
- Decorate the top with mini Oreos, festive M&Ms, and spooky eyes.