I feel like the worst blogger ever. I actually made 4 different treats like week, took photos, and all that so I could blog them in the days leading up to Christmas. And then I totally dropped the ball.
You guys. I have been very busy watching vlogs, buying workout clothes (because I’m going back to my boyfriend Shaun T starting January 1st and you can’t restart a workout regimen without new clothes – duh) and tricking my husband into telling me which mall he had to go to to get my presents so I can harass him with “Is it…?” every 5 minutes. Very busy, I tell you.
I absolutely had to get these Italian Sugar Cookies up for you though because they’re that good! My husband actually made fun of them and said he was going to slice them in half and put sandwich meat in them since they look like little rolls but once he tried one, he took it all back. I guarantee Santa will love them!
I’m posting my favorite, favorite, favorite cookie tomorrow so maybe sure you check back!
from She's In Her Apron
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together eggs and sugar until light in color. Add cooled shortening and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the egg mixture and beat until just combined.
- Taking a tablespoon at a time, roll into balls and place on sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the bottoms are a nice golden color.
- Cool on a baking rack before glazing.
- Whisk powdered sugar, heavy cream (or milk), and lemon extract until no lumps remain.
- Dip each cookie in the glaze and top with sprinkles. Place on a wire rack over a paper towel to catch any drips. Allow glaze to harden before packing in an air tight container.