It’s meyer lemon time again! I feel like there’s only a 3 day window for finding them in my grocery stores so I was pretty thrilled when I happened to see them a couple days ago. I just love them and I look forward to them all winter!
Last week I was flipping through a magazine and asked my husband how he felt about pound cake. He was all “I LOVE LEMON CAKE!” Uhh… what?
But when I picked up those meyer lemons I remembered him saying that and went on a hunt for a good recipe. Lemon and blueberry just make the best cake. There really isn’t a better combination if you ask me. This Meyer Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake is super moist thanks to the sour cream and the cream cheese glaze is just phenomenal. If you can find meyer lemons, make this! And if you don’t have any luck finding them, use regular lemons! It will be delicious either way.
adapted from My Baking Addiction
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a bundt cake with baking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat softened butter, brown sugar, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time; add vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add flour in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream in 2 additions.
- In a separate small bowl, toss together blueberries, zest, and remaining tablespoon of flour. Fold into batter.
- Pour into your prepared bundt pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before glazing.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, meyer lemon zest, and heavy cream until no lumps remain. Pour over cooled cake.