Do you have Valentine’s Day plans yet? I told my husband that I want takeout sushi and a bottle of wine. And probably a Revenge marathon.
If you’re having dinner at home with your sweetheart, I’ve got the perfect dessert. I made an amazing brownie pudding last year for Valentine’s Day and I won’t lie, I kind of want to make it again this year. It’s that good. But I decided to try something different.
These Chocolate Shortbread Cakes aren’t technically cakes since there’s no baking. Nope, none at all! It’s basically chocolate with cookies inside, covered with more chocolate. I always say I’m not a huge chocolate fan but every once in a while a super rich chocolate dessert is just what I need.
adapted from Southern Living
- Line each compartment of a 6-mold jumbo-size muffin pan with plastic wrap.
- In a double boiler, melt milk chocolate chips, butter, and honey together over simmering water. Stir occasionally until completely smooth. Whisk in heavy cream.
- Remove from heat and stir in cookies. Pour about 3/4 cup into eat prepared muffin cup. Chill at least 2 hours or until set.
- Remove cakes from pan onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- To make the ganache, place semisweet chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat just until it begins to bubble. Pour over the semisweet chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Stir in honey and salt. Let stand 10 minutes or until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Slowly pour over the cake, spreading to edges and sides. Chill 1 hour, or until the ganache is set. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.