I’m going through this phase where I’m obsessed with sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash. And I make them both the same way, multiple times a day. Because when your husband deployed and your kids want hot dogs for every meal, you can eat spaghetti squash all day long and no one complains!
I normally just cook up a couple pieces of chopped up bacon, cook the spaghetti squash (or shredded sweet potatoes) in the yummy bacon fat, and then top it all with a runny-yolk egg.
But this weekend I went back to an old favorite: Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai!
And I realize there is absolutely nothing authentic about this Pad Thai but when you’re doing the paleo thing, this feels like a takeout cheat meal. But it’s still paleo! And delicious!
It’s really easy to customize to suit your needs/likes too. I add all sorts of veggies to it typically and have use ground beef, chicken breasts, even ground pork.
adapted from The Clothes Make the Girl
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the coconut aminos (or soy sauce).
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a medium-sized pan until melted. Add egg mixture and scramble until cooked through. Set aside.
- In a separate large pan, heat remaining teaspoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add turkey and cook, breaking up, until no pink remained. Drain if necessary. Add onion and snap peas and stir until vegetables have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and sauce. Stir to coat everything with the sauce. Heat until everything is hot.
- Garnish with raw, sliced snap peas, green onions, and cashews or almonds.