I’m kicking off December with 25 days of holiday treats! Expect cookies, candy, cakes, and so much more!
And for the big kickoff, here’s one of my all-time favorite holidays treats. I worked at Starbucks many years ago and their Cranberry Bliss Bar was always my favorite holiday pastry. This is almost exactly like the Cranberry Bliss but (should I even say it?) better!
The base is kind of a hybrid cake/cookie with cranberries and white chocolate chunks mixed in. And then the topping is pretty much a cream cheese frosting with chopped dried cranberries sprinkled over top.
So delicious and rich enough that you only need one to satisfy your sweet craving.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make cake by beating butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, ginger and salt and beat well. Gradually mix in flour until smooth. Dice cranberries.
- Add 3/4 cup cranberries and white chocolate chunks to batter and fold in. Pour batter into a well-greased 9 x 13 baking pan, spread evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is lightly browned on the edges. Allow to cool.
- Make frosting by combining cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Frost cooled cake, using spatula to spread evenly
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup diced cranberries over freshly frosted cake
- Whisk together 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and shortening. Drizzle icing over cranberries.
- Chill cake in refrigerator for several hours before slicing. Serve cold.