I’m so into making cookies right now.
I have 3 different cookies on my counter right now.
I’m refusing to try any of them because I know if I have one, I’ll have to have them all.
No self control. None.
But these! I made these weeks ago and ate way more than I’m going to admit to you today. I cannot resist a coconut macaroon!
These are different from the classic coconut macaroon though. They’re supposed to have the same flavors as ambrosia salad so they’re made with lime juice, orange zest, dried pineapple, and they have a maraschino cherry on top!
How cute are they?!
Also, really really simple. And they take no time at all!
If you love coconut macaroons as much as I do, you have to give these a try!
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
from Southern Living
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg white at high speed with an electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until foamy; gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir in butter, lime juice, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. Stir in flour. Stir in coconut and pineapple until blended.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Place 1 cherry half in center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown, switching baking sheets halfway through. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer cookies to wire racks, and cool completely before serving.
Want more coconut recipes?