Something you may not know about me is that one of my favorite foods is pimento cheese. I don’t know how or why but I have loved it for as long as I can remember.
Almost every week when I do my big grocery shopping trip, I buy a tub of pimento cheese and a bag of those long pretzel rods and then I dip the pretzels in the cheese and that’s all I eat until it’s gone. I mean, is that not one of the weirder things for someone to be obsessed with? Pimento cheese on pretzels? And not just pretzels, it has to be the pretzel rods.
(One the rare ocassion that I don’t feel like cheese, I get Justin’s Maple Almond Butter and then dip the pretzels in that. We’re not even going to think about how many calories that one is, mmkay?)
So when my dear friend Kita asked me to participate in Burger Month again this year, I knew Bacon and Pimento Cheese Burgers were happening.
This was my first time making pimento cheese, if you can believe that. I had it in my head that it was something I could only buy at the store since that was my tradition and all. But it turns out that it’s really easy. It’s just shredded cheese, diced pimentos (in a jar), and mayo. Seriously easy.
I did a simple beef burger with just salt and pepper, grilled for a few minutes on each side. And then I topped it with the homemade pimento cheese, some crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
Also, I learned that I’m really, really bad at making burgers. Normally my husband does any burgers for me but he was in the field so I attempted these and they ended up fat and not wide enough for the bun. Which means that I need to make burgers more often, right?
There’s a fantastic giveaway to go along with Burger Month so make sure you check out the Rafflecopter widget below! There’s a long list of prizes being given away:
- 1 Char-Broil Kettleman™ TRU-Infrared™ 22.5″ Charcoal Grill
- 1 Le Creuset Signature 10 1/4″ Iron Handle Skillet
- 1 Set Dreamfarm Chopula & Clongs
- 1 Cabot Cheese Legacy Gift Box – 2 each Farmhouse Reserve, White Oak & Alpine Cheddar – 1 each New York Vintage & Seriously Sharp & 1 Wine Bottle Opener
- 1 Spiceologist 4 Pack of Grilling Rubs (Smoky Honey Habanero Raspberry Chipotle Greek Freak Black & Bleu)
- 2 Woodbridge Wine ‘Cue Sauce Packages (5 bottles each)
A huge thanks to all of the creative bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth, Char-Broil, Cabot Cheese, Le Creuset, Dreamfarm,Spiceologist & Woodbridge Wines
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- To make the pimento cheese, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Start with only 1/4 cup mayo and add more to reach desired consistency. Cover and let chill for an hour before serving.
- To make the burgers, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together beef, salt, and pepper until combined. Shape into 4 equal burgers.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Top with bacon, pimento cheese, and other toppings if you wish!
Want more cheese recipes?