This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MVCheezIt #CollectiveBias
Are you into basketball? My boys are obsessed. I don’t even know where they got it because I’m totally not into basketball. Unless we’re talking about food. I’m all about a game time snack. You already know this about me.
I have the perfect recipe for you if you are looking for something to serve for the games this week.
Baked Cheddar Ranch Onion Rings!
Yep, baked onion rings. That are crispy! The secret? I covered them in Cheez-Its.
During one of my many recent Target trips, I swung by the cracker aisle and picked up the Cheez-It Grooves in Cheddar Ranch and White Cheddar. Have you tried these yet? They’re thin and crispy and delicious!
I used the Cheddar Ranch in this recipe but you could totally use White Cheddar or the one I didn’t pick up, Original Cheddar.
They worked perfectly as coating for my baked onion rings!
Baked onion rings are kind of my nemesis because – and I don’t care what anyone tells you – they just don’t get crisp enough. And you know I don’t have it in me to fry onion rings every time the craving strikes.
So the fact that I can get crispy baked onion rings WITH a cheddar ranch flavor is making me all sorts of happy right now.
Make sure you check out the Most Valuable Cheese contest, taking place until April 2015. You can vote for your favorite of 6 popular Cheez-It flavors and play games for a chance to win $10,000.
Also, Cheez-Its are on sale 3/$8 at Target right now and you can use your Cartwheel app to save an additional 35% off!
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate dish, whisk eggs together. Set aside.
- Place the Cheez-It Grooves in White Cheddar in a food processor and process to crumbs. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Take one onion ring and dip in the flour to coat and then dip in the egg, making sure it's all coated in egg. Transfer the the Cheez-It Grooves dish and coat completely. Carefully transfer to baking sheet. Continue with remaining rings.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until browned and crispy. Serve hot!