Did you know that September is Better Breakfast Month? Well it is and I’ve teamed up with California Almonds to make sure your breakfast is better than ever.
It turns out that 50% of women skip breakfast when they are crunched for time. Studies show that those who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight, will maintain better cholesterol levels, and live an overall healthier life. So if you are one of those 50% that skip breakfast, almonds are a quick way to get a boost of fiber, protein, and healthy fat.
I have a great almond gift pack to give away to one of y’all but before we get to that, I have the most delicious granola recipe to share. It calls for all my favorites: almonds, dried blueberries, coconut, coconut oil! You could make this over the weekend and have a fantastic breakfast all week long.
The gift pack comes with:
- One $20 Visa gift card to buy anything else that makes your breakfast better – fresh fruit, oatmeal, almond milk, etc.
- One pound of whole natural almonds
- One jar of almond butter
- One pound of sliced almonds
- One reusable, insulated travel pouch for breakfasts on-the-go
- One double-sided recipe card for better breakfast inspiration
And by the way, that almond butter is the best almond butter I’ve ever had.
(Giveaway will run from 09/17/13 to 09/23/12. US only, please.)
California Almonds wants to see how you’re making your breakfast better. Head over to almondboard.com/
adapted from The Messy Baker Blog
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, coconut flakes, almonds, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the mixture over the oats. Fold the wet mixture into the oat mixture until the oats are evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown in color. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- When the granola is cool, stir in blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.