Remember how a few weeks ago I swore I was going to cook breakfast every morning? Well… I made it exactly 3 days into the school year before cereal was back on our table. Really though, it was a “Mommy, can I pwwwwweeeease have some cereal?!” buy and it didn’t even occur to me that it was ruining my plan until we were home.
But now, the day after I opened that box, we are out of cereal. Yeah, one day. For a box of cereal. Between two kids. Are you seeing why I don’t like buying cereal? So I’m back on the “NO MORE CEREAL” train.
This is the second time this month I’ve made these muffins. My grandma had made this recipe awhile ago and my mom raved about the muffins when she was here visiting so of course I had to make them. They are SO SOFT. Like, coffee shop muffin soft. And I made them in my jumbo muffin tin so they’re just like the coffee shop ones.Â I have been on this forever long quest to find the best blueberry muffin recipe and I think this is it. For real this time.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line or grease 2 12-cup muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one a time. A milk and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For the topping, stir together sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.