Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies are the most addictive cookies you will ever make! The bacon is quickly candied in the oven and then added to the perfect soft chocolate chip cookies.
This post originally published on September 30, 2011 and was updated October 23, 2017. It’s one of my oldest and favorite recipes.
The first time I ever made these Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies – over 6 years ago – was the first time I realized what a food blogger weirdo I was.
Food bloggers love bacon. Okay, yeah, everyone loves bacon but food bloggers love to put bacon in places where bacon usually doesn’t belong. Cookies, ice cream, rice krispies treats, pretty much everything.
I mean, I have a bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a glazed doughnut pretty much every Saturday morning of my life.
And you can think that’s weird but I have made everyone in my life try them and no one’s complained yet.
So the first time I made these was back when we were in Colorado and we hosted all our friends every Saturday to watch football. We had people in and out all day and every time someone new showed up, they would say “Oooh cookies!” and I would warn them that they had bacon and then they would say, with disgust on their face, “Bacon?! In cookies?! You try them first” and they would push whoever they came with towards the cookies.
But guess how many cookies I had left at the end of the day. Zero. All 5 dozen cookies were gone. One of the guys Facebook messaged me years later asking for the recipe.
So yes, I am a food blogger weirdo that puts bacon in everything she eats but hey, just trust me.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled chop it finely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk to the bowl and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt until no lumps remain. Add to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the bacon and chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are brown, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Want more cookie recipes?