You know when you see a recipe and it’s all you can think about until you eventually cave and make it? That’s what happened to me when I saw someone make these cookies. I don’t even like chocolate cookies but the idea of a chocolate cookies with caramel inside? Yes please.
The trick with these guys is that you use those fantastic Rolo candies in the center so not only are you getting the caramel, you’re also getting a double dose of chocolate! They’re fantastic cookies that would make just about anyone happy. One word of advice: try one hot out of the oven. In fact, eat the entire batch hot out of the oven. I won’t tell anyone.
adapted from Pillsbury
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375F. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely.
- Put sugar in a small bowl. Roll ball of dough in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 37F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.