I’m going to apologize right now for this recipe.
But, you guys, tell me this isnt the perfect thing to take to a 4th of July party!
I’ve been trying to justify buying a fondue pot for years now but I’ve never gone for it because how often would I really use it? Plus I am queen of wanting and wanting something and finally putting it into my cart at Target, only to circle back around and put it back on the shelf an hour later. I’ve told you before, it’s one of my favorite hobbies.
Ask me how many times I’ve put a fondue pot in my cart.
Well now that I have this recipe, I can finally buy one! Because chili cheese dog fondue is going to be a regular during football season! Everyone in my life is obsessed with pigs-in-a-blanket and this is just that but with chili cheese dip on the side to dip your piggies in!
Definitely give this one a try next time you are stumped on what to bring to a get-together!
adapted from Pillsbury
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces according to perforations. Take each piece and cut into 3 smaller pieces. Roll a Lil Smokie in each piece and set on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining Lil Smokies. (You'll have crescent rolls left over. Bake them and have a snack!)
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the Lil Smokies are baking, melt Velveeta and chili together in a fondue pot or a saucepan over very low heat. Stir frequently until all the Velveeta is melted.
- Serve hot fondue with the warm Lil Smokies.