This week’s frozen treat isn’t actually frozen but it’s a fun way to serve your frozen goodies this summer! And super simple, I promise!
I love those waffle cone bowls – you know the ones? I swear my life changed the day I realized I could buy those at the grocery store. They turn what is usually a sad event (the end of a bowl of ice cream) into a happy one (“yay! I get to eat the bowl!”). I won’t even allow myself to buy them anymore because they increase my ice cream consumption waaaaay too much.
I went searching for edible bowl ideas recently for my boys and was so excited to stumble upon this one! One ingredient. No lie. Just chocolate.
(You need balloons too.)
All you do is melt the chocolate, spoon a bit of chocolate on wax paper to act as the base of your bowl, and then stick a chocolate-dipped balloon on top of that base. They chill for a little while and then you pop the balloons!
So easy and my kids were so excited about them!
- Blow up balloons to desired size of your bowl. Wash and dry the balloons. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Drop a small spoonful of chocolate on the wax paper. Dip one balloon into the chocolate; place on the spoonful of chocolate and press down to secure it well.
- Place in fridge and chill under chocolate has hardened, at least a couple hours. Once hardened, pop each balloon and carefully remove them from the bowls. Serve with your favorite ice cream!