Ever since I made that awesome chocolate biscotti last month I’ve been looking for an excuse to make some more – and a new recipe to try! I stumbled upon this one by accident and knew immediately that it would be amazing. I’d never seen peanut butter in biscotti and now I’m trying to figure out why. Peanut butter makes everything better, right?
from Southern Living
- Beat 1/3 cup peanut butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; add to peanut butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead in peanuts and 1/2 cup chocolate mini-morsels.
- Shape dough into a 13"log on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 325F for 40 minutes or until firm. Remove to a wire rack to cool (about 20 minutes).
- Cut log diagonally into 1/2"-thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion; place slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325F for 7 minutes; turn cookies over, and bake 7 more minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine remaining 1 cup chocolate mini-morsels, 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter, and shortening in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate and peanut butter melt. Dip one end of each biscotti in chocolate mixture. Place biscotti on wax paper until chocolate hardens.