My all-time favorite banana bread recipe is this one that’s packed with cream cheese so let me tell you how thrilled I was when I realized that there are hundreds of other cream cheese banana bread recipes that need to be tried!
This one was fantastic! I love any quick bread with a crunchy topping on top and this definitely fit the bill. And the bread itself is just as silky and soft as the original cream cheese banana bread I fell in love with.
adapted from Southern Living
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place Â¾ cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 6 minutes.
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in bananas, Â¾ cup toasted pecans, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Stir together brown sugar, reserved Â¼ cup chopped pecans (not toasted), 1Â½ tsp. all-purpose flour, 1Â½ tsp. melted butter, and ground cinnamon. Lightly sprinkle mixture over batter in pans.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides of bread pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil during last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Let cool 30 minutes.