Heeeeey guys! On our road trip home a few months ago, we discovered that my 4 year old absolutely loves coleslaw.
I don’t know that he had ever tried it before but we were at a seafood restaurant in Orange Beach and he pointed to a bowl of coleslaw on someone else’s plate and said, “I want that.” Ate the whole bowl. Asked for more.
A few days later, on our way back to Texas, we stopped at this gourmet hot dog place in Houston and he ordered the slaw. Ate all of it. Asked for mine.
He is obsessed. Who knew a 5 year old could love cabbage so much? But it is totally fine with me because it is also one of my favorite foods and really, is there a better side dish for barbecue? And you know I am all about the barbecue right now.
Have you tried the Tony Roma’s BBQ meats line yet? I love them because they are restaurant quality, pre-cooked meats that are ready to serve on a moments notice. Seriously, they can be microwaved in the container they come in. So within 5 minutes, you’ve got delicious barbecue without all the fuss and mess. The ease and convenience makes any day the perfect day for barbecue! They have 3 delicious varieties:
- Tony Roma’s Fall-off-the-Bone Pork Ribs- Kansas City Sweet Hickory
- Tony Roma’s Boneless Pork Ribs- Kansas City Sweet Hickory
- Tony Roma’s Tender & Juicy Pulled Pork- Kansas City Sweet Hickory
They are all made with high-quality meat and have that authentic, slow-smoked barbecue flavor that you know and love. You can find the Tony Roma’s BBQ meats in the refrigerator section of grocery stores and club stores such as Walmart, Costco, Safeway, Albertsons, Krogers, Smiths, Stater Brothers, and Save Mart. Be sure to follow Tony Roma’s BBQ on Facebook and Pinterest for more information on the products and for other delicious recipes and ideas!
Back to the coleslaw!
Seriously, is there anything better than a pulled pork sandwich with a big pile of cool, creamy coleslaw on top?
I used to be so appalled by people who put slaw on their barbecue pulled pork but I’ve come around in recent years. And now? I don’t want a pulled pork sandwich if it doesn’t come with slaw.
So this Creamy Dill Coleslaw was inspired by that gourmet hot dog place I mentioned earlier. Their slaw was filled with fresh dill and all sorts of other deliciousness that I couldn’t put my finger on because trying to drive through Houston traffic and stuffing your face with slaw is not the easiest thing in the world.
But the dill! That’s what got me.
So I took my standard coleslaw recipe and added a ton of fresh dill. It’s so perfect. Especially on top of that delicious Tony Roma’s Tender & Juicy Pulled Pork, with a toasted bun! So good.
Also really easy. If you’ve never made coleslaw, you can throw it together in minutes. And then it just has to sit in the fridge for awhile so it gets all creamy and delicious. !
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together green onions, sour cream, mayo, white vinegar, salt, pepper, and fresh dill. Fold in cabbage mix. Let sit for at least an hour before serving.
What’s your favorite BBQ side dish? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/3/16 – 12/31/16