I am forever looking for ways to jazz up chicken tenders. Sometimes it seems they are the only things my kids will eat but I don’t want my husband to get bored with them, you know?
These Crispy Onion Chicken Tenders are a great way to switch up the usual and they can’t be simpler. They are just rolled in those delicious French fried onions before baking. And they’re a great weeknight meal because they’re ready in under 30 minutes!
My kids – who are all weird about onions – ate without complaint and asked for seconds!
adapted from Bakerette
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil.
- Pour French Fried Onions into a large zip top bag; seal. Use a rolling pan to crust the onions. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Whisk together melted butter, worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, dip the chicken in the butter mixture and then roll in the crushed onions. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If the onions start to get too dark, make an aluminum foil tent over the pan to prevent more browning.