How was your weekend?
We had the best of both worlds. On Saturday we were eating watermelon in the backyard while wearing shorts and then Sunday we watched snow fall all day long! It was very strange and pretty fun.
I’m assuming most of your had nice Spring weather so I wanted to share this Spring treat! I think it’s my favorite thing I’ve made in months.
It’s basically Chex cereal coated in chocolate pudding mix and then you stir in crushed up Oreos and gummy worms! I know it looks like it’s for the kids but I won’t lie, it hit all my weird cravings on Saturday night – sweet and crunchy, chocolate, sour, chewy. I mean, everything all in one cute little bucket!
And my kids went nuts for it, of course! They’re boys so they like anything gross and eating bugs and dirt was pretty exciting for them.
adapted from Better Crocker
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter on very low heat (or in the microwave). Remove from heat and stir in pudding mix until pudding has dissolved. Pour over cereal and toss gently, making sure each piece of cereal is coated. Pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in Oreos and gummy worms. Spread mixture onto wax paper to cool completely before serving.