Happy Monday! Errr… let’s try to make it a happy Monday!
I have cookies to make your Monday a little less horrible.
Yep, still really loving all things lemon right now. I don’t know what my deal is but I can’t get enough.
I made these Glazed Lemon Cookies yesterday and then ate 5 of them before I even took pictures. It’s a problem.
These cookies were really simple. One of my cookie pet peeves is finicky dough. Like, if you don’t chill it, they spread too much. If you don’t flatten them out, they stay in strange little balls. You know what I mean?
I just want cookie dough that I can put on the baking sheet and it does exactly what it’s supposed to do. Why is that so hard?!
Anyway, these cookies do exactly what they are supposed to do. I just rolled them into balls and placed them on the baking sheet and they spread out into perfect little cute cookie shapes.
And they’re so soft and amazing! The glaze is just the right amount of tart.
You see why I had 5 of them?
Glazed Lemon Cookies - soft cookies with a delicious tart glaze!Click To Tweet
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest to remove lumps.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until combined. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-size balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth. Dip the top of the cookies into the glaze and let set for about an hour before serving.
Want more cookie recipes?