Kielbasa and Potato Breakfast Burritos – easy make ahead breakfast idea! Kielbasa, potatoes, and peppers rolled into tortillas with cheese and eggs.
Heeeey guys, happy short week! Who’s excited?!
You know what I’m excited about right now? We’ve got a high of 80-something most days this week which means I can finally get back to hiking.
I haven’t gone for a hike since May. That’s a long time for me to stay out of the woods. It’s just been so hot even if I get up super early. The one time I tried to take the boys for a hike this summer, we ended up just sitting in a creek.
Like, actually sitting in it. Fully clothed.
The second week of school officially starts today for us. So let’s talk easy breakfast ideas.
I’m not a morning cook, you guys know this. I’m not waking up and cooking anything at 6 am.
My goal for this year is to prep breakfasts on the weekend to make my life easier and also avoid spending $4 on a box of cereal that my boys will eat in one breakfast.
These Kielbasa and Potato Breakfast Burritos are perfect for that. I prep them on a Sunday and all my boys have to do is pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
So I used the Jennie-O Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa in these burritos. They also have the Jennie-O Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage and we love both of them. They’re a staple in my house because they’re both fully cooked so I’ll slice them up and throw it on the grill or even just on a grill pan on the stove for just a few minutes. And then I brush it with some barbecue sauce and my kids eat it up.
But yeah, for these burritos, I diced up the kielbasa and cooked it with some potatoes, green bell pepper, and onion and then scrambled some eggs into it. Then it all gets wrapped up in flour tortillas with some cheddar cheese.
I’d made a batch of them last week thinking my kids would eat them for breakfast all week long and then they started asking for them in their lunchboxes instead of sandwiches so the batch lasted, like, 2 days in my house.
You guys. My kids would never have touched a green bell pepper before these burritos.
Make sure you check out the Jennie-O site for lots more recipe ideas!
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook until browned, 6 or 7 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until until tender, another 5 minutes or so. Push the potatoes to one side and add remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Add kielbasa, onion, and green pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until kielbasa is browned and veggies have softened. Lower the heat to medium.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the skilet and cook, stirring frequently, until desired doneness. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas one by one in a clean skillet.
- Once warm, place a slice of cheese on one side of each tortilla. Fill with about 1/2 cup of the kielbasa mixture. Roll up burrito style. Continue until all ingredients are gone.
- Serve with salsa if desired.