(Please don’t judge me for my all yellow meal. I was having one of those days – where I should’ve gone to the grocery store 3 days before but I would rather reach into the freezer for Stouffer’s mac & cheese and whatever frozen veggie my hand touched first.)
I’ve told you guys before that I’m really not a fan of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I think they’re bland and boring and really easy to overcook. But I keep seeing this Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken recipe pop up on different blogs so of course I had to try it. Brown sugar on chicken? Umm. Sure, why not?
My husband and boys typically don’t like anything too lemony so I didn’t expect much of a reaction out of them but it’s safe to say that everyone loved it! Shocked the heck out of me! The chicken is so flavorful but it’s the perfect balance of sweet and sour. And so easy too! Did I mention the whole thing took about 30 minutes?!
adapted from Eat Live Run
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Combine the flour, paprika and sea salt in a shallow pan. Drop each chicken breast in the mixture and toss to coat completely.
- Drop each chicken breast in the hot oil and brown on both sides (should take only about four minutes). Remove chicken breasts and keep warm on a plate.
- Pour the lemon juice in the pan and stir to deglaze. Put chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour juice on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon zest.
- Bake for about 20 â€“ 25 minutes, or until cooked through.