Things that happened this week.
- Fat baby (who isn’t a baby) took all the post-its off recipes I want to make in several cookbooks and put them on recipes that he wants me to make.
- Husband made me mad and came home with bacon guacamole as an apology. Because you can buy my love with bacon guacamole.
- I became addicted to Pretty Little Liars podcasts. (Extra weird because I was kind of over the show.)
- Fake Ginger hit 10,000 Facebook likes! Woooo!
- HEB suckered me into buying Home because they had coupons for $5 off the movie and then you got Swedish Fish and popcorn free. You know I love Swedish Fish. Anyway, I cried multiple times during the movie. Because Disney movies have that effect on me.
- I bought a new bundt pan! Hooray!
I broke my new bundt pan in with this Lemon-Lime Pound Cake!
Yeah, it’s like that 7Up Pound Cake that your mom or your grandma probably made and it’s fabulous. I think pound cakes are my ultimate favorite cake. That or angel food cake. I just love a plain cake. They make the perfect base for fruit or whipped cream or like this one, lemon-lime glaze and candied lemons.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
from Southern Living
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray and flour a bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Add butter to flour mixture, alternating with the lemon-lime soft drink, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake 60 - 56 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil after 40 minutes if it looks like it's browning too much.
- Cool in bundt pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lime juice until no lumps remain. Pour over cooled bundt cake.
- Slice the lemons thinly and discard seeds.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add lemons and reduce to a simmer. Simmmer for 45 minutes or until rinds are very soft and the lemons are translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon and let dry on a wire rack. Top glazed cake once cooled.
Want more lemon recipes?