I’ll admit that the reason I was drawn to this recipe when I saw it on Elle’s New England Kitchen is because the recipe specifically calls for Frank’s Hot Sauce and I have a slight obsession with it. And then I read more and saw that the recipe won the Royal Foodie Joust. And the sauce has mango! I had to try them.
The wings were really good. I think I would’ve preferred baking them without sauce and then coating them but the husband loved them. The recipe included a mango lime cream dipping sauce. Neither one of us liked it. It was good on its own but not with chicken.
- Heat oven to 400F. In a large ziptop bag, combine flour and dry spices.
- Add the wings to the bag, seal, and toss to coat.
- Place the wings on a plate and chill in the fridge for about 30-35 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the pureed mango and hot sauce. Stir in melted butter or oil.
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and process until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.