Meatball French Bread Pizza – perfect for pizza night! French bread with pizza sauce, homemade meatballs, and lots of cheese! Easy and delicious!
Heeeey guys, happy Friday!
Do you guys do pizza on Friday night? We usually do but we’ve been off our usual routine this summer and I’m trying to get back into it. School starts in, like, a week and a half here. Ugh.
I took them school shopping the other day. I don’t wanna talk about it.
Our babysitter got my oldest kiddo really into cooking a few months ago. Like, I would come home at night and find pancakes in the fridge for the next morning or brownies on the counter with a note that said they were just for me. Every time I went out, they would make something together.
So now, he really enjoys being in charge of pizza night. He loves for me to buy the pizza dough from Trader Joe’s or French bread for pizzas like this Meatball French Bread Pizza.
French bread pizza is super easy. I just pick up some French bread from the grocery store and then I made my own meatballs (and included the recipe – using ground turkey) but you can totally use the fully cooked frozen meatballs to make life easier.
Just spread some pizza sauce on the halved French bread, top with meatballs, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes and dinner is ready.
It’s great for a weeknight meal, a movie night, or a night you just don’t feel like fussing around in the kitchen too much.
Meatball French Bread Pizza! A quick and delicious way to do pizza night!Click To Tweet
- Comebine all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Take heaping teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Keep on a plate until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer half of the meatballs and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, before flipping and cooking another 5 - 6 minutes, or until fully cooked. Transfer to clean plate. Repeat with remaining teaspoon of oil and meatballs.
- Let the meatballs cool slightly and then cut them in half.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce on each half of the French bread. Divide halved meatballs among the French bread and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes or until French bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes before serving.
Want more easy dinner ideas?