Guys. I made this yesterday and had to get it posted ASAP because IT’S MEYER LEMON SEASON!
You probably only have until Thursday to find some. So go. Now. Leave work. You need meyer lemons.
I will never understand why meyer lemon season is so short. It’s like, literally, 6 random days in January. I will also never understand why Walmart is the only place I ever see them. I was at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods 3 days ago. You’d think one of them would have them, right? Nope. Found them on my newspaper run yesterday. So check Walmart if you haven’t found any yet.
I’ve been craving lemon bread lately because we stopped at SO MANY Starbucks on our roadtrip – because A) coffee and B) clean bathrooms – and every time we stopped, I’d press my face against the pastry case glass and stare longingly at their lemon bread until my drink was ready. It’s just so good.
This Meyer Lemon Zucchini Bread turned out super delicious – light and fluffy with a tart glaze that you can’t really see in my pictures but I swear it’s there. My two oldest kids are in that annoying stage where they pick out any speck of green in their food but they totally loved this bread.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
adapted from Nancy Creative
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat eggs, canola oil, and sugar until combined. Beat in the buttermilk and juice and zest of 1 meyer lemon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until just combined. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and meyer lemon juice until no lumps remain. Drizzle over cooled bread.