M&Ms Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies – soft and delicious cookies with chocolate chips and M&Ms!
I’m just not a cookie person.
I would choose cake, a slice of pie, a handful of gummy bears, pretty much any other sweet over a cookie.
The exception to that rule is the one or 2 times a year when the only thing I can think about is grocery store bakery M&Ms cookies.
You know the ones, right?
They’re super soft and somehow every grocery store in the country makes them exactly the same way?
When I get a random craving for one of them, nothing fixes it but getting those cookies.
I can remember leaving my house in a snowstorm in Colorado because I needed these cookies to survive the day.
Fritos and grocery store bakery M&Ms cookies are the only things that I was ever willing to leave my house for during a snowstorm.
Y’all remember those days? When I was too scared to drive in the snow so we would walk to school every day? Granted, it was a short walk but still. I was terrified to drive in the snow for the first several years we were there.
I had a conversation the other day with someone about what my favorite food was. And I listed tacos, kimchi, butternut squash soup, pineapple upside down cake. You know, all my usuals.
But I shocked myself when I included those dang cookies because I literally haven’t thought about them in a year.
But since my oven is now heating up to the proper temp, I wanted to make my own so I took my usual chocolate chip pudding cookies recipe which produces the softest most delicious chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever try, and added M&Ms.
They turned out perfect. Are they just like the grocery store bakery ones? No. Are they just as good? Definitely.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in pudding mix and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Take heaping tablespoonfuls of dough, roll into balls, and place on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches space between each one.
- Bake at 350F for 8-12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through, until light golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Things you may need for this recipe:
Want more cookie recipes?