We haven’t talked about costumes yet!
Do you have yours? What is it?!
I had to buy costumes for the kids about a month ago because my husband’s work people did a trunk-or-treat thing early in the month since they’ll all be gone over Halloween for pre-deployment training. I always want the kids to pick the cute ones – puppies or cute little monkeys – but they all chose Power Rangers. Even the baby.
I tried to buy a hot dog costume for the husky but when I sent a photo to my husband I got an unenthusiastic “NO”.
If you’re looking for a way to get your kids to eat some fruit before indulging in all the Halloween candy, try out this dip. I know it’s not exactly healthy with Cool Whip and pudding mix but the fruit part is definitely a win, right? I am no fruit fan but I found myself going back for another and then another and then another apple slice when I made this. It’s really yummy and I have a new love for pistachio pudding.
from Thirty Handmade Days
- Beat cream cheese and pistachio pudding together until combined. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving. Sprinkle edible eyes on.
- To make the mouthy apples, cut red apples into quarters.
- Slice a triangle shape on the top of the skin of each slice and scoop out "meat" of the apple the leaving an open spot for marshmallows.
- Line up marshmallows to look like teeth. Serve with the dip.