Lately I’ve been trying to come up with new breakfast ideas. I think everyone in the house is sick of my go-to overnight yeast waffles but I am just no good at doing anything too involved early in the morning. I’ve been on the hunt for recipes that call things like frozen hash browns or canned biscuits.
I made these Pineapple Upside Down Biscuits for the first time years ago and I remember my husband came home from PT with a friend of his and they ate the entire batch. All of them. Ten biscuits.
I didn’t even have a chance to take photos for the blog.
Well they are finally on the blog! And in rotation for breakfast at our house! They don’t call for much, they’re baked in about 10 minutes. Kind of the perfect breakfast if you ask me!
- Preheat oven according to biscuit package. Spray 10 cups of a muffin tin with oil.
- Drain the crushed pineapple, saving the juice. Stir together the pineapple, brown sugar, and butter.
- Divide pineapple mixture as evenly as possible among muffin cups. Place a cherry in the center of each cup, making sure it touches the bottom. Place a biscuit on top of each cup.
- Use a pastry brush to brush biscuits with reserved juice.
- Bake 9 - 12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool two minutes and then invert the pan onto a large plate.