Remember how I told you about my pumpkin woes? I’ve been feeling the same way about apples. Since they’re so inexpensive right now, I’ve been buying a quite a few each time I’m at the store. Only problem? Everybody is burnt out on apples. I can’t even come up with anything to bake with them!
That’s where this dip came in. I figure if I put a sweet dip with the apples, everyone would gobble them up. And they did! It tastes exactly like a pumpkin cheesecake and even my husband, who hates pumpkin, loved this.
- 1 brick 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 â€“ 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream optional
- gingersnaps and/or fresh fruit for serving
Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and pumpkin puree until smooth. Add powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time), pumpkin pie spice, and ginger until combined. If your dip is too thick, add 1 â€“ 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin it out. Keep in refrigerator and serve cold.