I’ve made a lot of pumpkin bread in
my life my 5 years of cooking and this one right here is by far the best. Why you ask. Because it was absolutely exploding with cinnamon chips. Ex. Plod. Ing.
The cake itself was ridiculously moist and pumpkin-y but the cinnamon chips stole the show. Y’all, don’t expect to see anymore pumpkin bread recipes on this blog – this is the only one I will ever make!
(You guys know I’m lying. I can’t help trying more! But this one is superb. Beyond superb.)
I made mini loaves but the recipe makes enough batter for one big one if you would rather do that. Can’t find cinnamon chips? Hershey’s has a locator!
adapted from King Arthur Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease 2 mini loaf pans or 1 regular size loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stirring to combine. Fold in the cinnamon chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake mini loaves for about 30-35 minutes and large loaves for 60-70 minutes. Test with a toothpick in the center of the bread to make sure it's fully baked. Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack.