Last week of school! Last week of school! LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!
Can you sense my excitement? I have so many fun things planned for the summer but mostly I’m just excited to sleep in.
You know what doesn’t excite me? Getting a “low balance” alert on the kid’s lunch account a week before school lets out. Yep.
And I know, I can pack him a lunch in 10 minutes. But… my husband is deployed and I have 3 kids and an idiot husky and sometimes I just want to take the easy way out. Whine, whine, whine.
I’m refusing the pay the $3 fee to fund his account for 5 days of lunches and I’d already gone to the grocery store for the week so… it’s time to get creative!
I decided to jazz up some Goldfish to replace his usual request of tiny bags of Hot Cheetos.
I think Goldfish are quite possibly the worst snack in the world and every time my kids beg for those little cartons of fish at the checkout lane in Target I’m like “WHYYY?!”
I would pretty much choose anything over Goldfish.
But as it turns out, if you coat Goldfish in butter and ranch dressing mix, I’m a fan.
from Lick the Bowl Good
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour all 4 bags of Goldfish and the pecans into a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together melted butter, ranch dressing mix, and worcestershire sauce. Pour this over the Goldfish and toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the Goldfish to the prepared baking sheet and use a rubber spatula to spread them out.
- Bake for for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.