Are you looking for a way to jazz up the potatoes that will be gracing your Thanksgiving table? I have the most amazing recipe for you right here!
If you’ve never heard of the hasselback potato, it’s just a regular baking potato that’s sliced almost all the way through and then baked until crispy. This version of the hasselback is absolutely stuffed with cheese and butter and then it’s baked until the outside is crispy and the inside is soft and delicious. Wait… then it’s topped with more cheese and some cream and baked until the cheese is melty and amazing.
I am so in love with these potatoes! It’s like french fries on crack – crunchy around the edges and soft on the inside and oh my gosh, the cheese! I cannot imagine a more perfect potato! I guarantee this would wow anyone around your table!
adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- Preheat oven to 400F. Scrub potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes very thinly, without going all the way through.
- Alternate the butter and the parmesan, stuffing them in between the slices of the potato. Season the potato with garlic powder and kosher salt. Drizzle the potato with olive oil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and drizzle heavy cream over the potatoes. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 10-12 more minutes. Remove and serve hot with sour cream and chives, if desired.