It’s time for another Secret Recipe Club reveal! This month I was lucky enough to be assigned Edesia’s Notebook which is written by Lesa. She has hundreds of recipes that all sound fantastic like these Asian Turkey Meatballs with Peanut Sauce that are high on the list of things I want to make.
I picked these banana chocolate muffins for SRC because some days require chocolate for breakfast – like today.
I spent last night in the emergency room with my 2 year old. It was the first of what I assume will be many ER trips with those boys of mine but the kid says the free popsicle was worth taking a chunk out of his tongue so…
These muffins are so perfect for those mornings where you just need a little something extra to get you moving. I don’t even like chocolate that much but I couldn’t stay away from these. They’re great at room temperature but they’re perfect hot out of the oven with just a smear of butter on top.
Two years ago: Chocolate Angel Food Cake
adapted from Edesia's Notebook
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each is incorporated before moving on; add vanilla and mashed bananas.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 â€“ 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.