For this month’s Secret Recipe Club, I was given Amanda’s Cookin which was fun because she’s the lady who started the club. She has a ton of recipes on her blog but as soon as I saw the chocolate peanut butter cookies, I knew they were it for me. I do love a peanut butter cookie!
These are your basic peanut butter cookies with the addition of cocoa powder. They’re just as delicious as they sound and oh so rich! My 2 year old took one bite and said “my favorite!”
They were also easy as can be and I whipped them up in less than 30 minutes! Perfect for when you need a chocolate fix!
from Amanda's Cookin'
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a mixer to cream the softened butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla, and egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add to butter mixture low speed. Mix just until blended.
- Working with about a teaspoon of batter, roll into balls; place onto prepared sheet. Dip the tines of a fork into the sugar and press into the cookie to make a crisscross design. Continue for each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool on a wire rack.