This is my mom’s recipe, something she’s made every Christmas for as long as I can remember. It’s probably the thing I most look forward to during the holidays. I’ve (obviously) already made one batch and will probably make at least one more this season. It’s that good. Just be careful, it’s pretty addictive. We went through the entire batch in 24 hours! Eep!
- Combine cereals, pretzels and nuts in 9×13 baking pan (metal works better).
- In medium sauce pan, cook brown sugar, butter and light corn syrup over medium
- heat until it comes to a boil. Let the mixture boil without stirring for 4
- minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cream of tartar, baking soda and
- vanilla. Pour over cereal mix in 9×13 and stir gently to coat. Bake in 300
- degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15. Spread on foil to cool. Keep
- in covered container. Makes a great gift in little cellophane bags!