Spicy Shrimp Nachos are the perfect snack for your football party. Topped with a spicy pepperjack cheese sauce, black beans, avocado, and tomato – they are delicious!
I know that I said potato skins were the ultimate football food last week but… I think I’ve changed my mind. Nachos! Nachos are definitely the ultimate football food – with potato skins as a close second.
I’ve been on this weird shrimp kick lately which isn’t very convenient since I, you know, live in the desert and all. But anyway, it’s pretty much all I’ve wanted to eat lately so when I decided to make nachos, I knew that they had to have shrimp on top!
These nachos never stood a chance with my husband and I. We didn’t even get plates. We just stood over the baking sheet, stuffing our faces.
Y’all know I’m not good with spicy but these nachos have just the right amount of kick. If you are like me, you can always leave out the jalapeño. And switch up the toppings to whatever you want! I chose tomatoes, avocado, and green onion but you could do jarred salsa, olives, whatever you usually like on your nachos!
So good, I’m telling you. I kind of want to make them again already.
adapted from Barbells and Bellinis
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, salt, and lime juice. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp is bright pink and opaque, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make cheese sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño; sauté until onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream cheese and stir until completely melted. Add in shredded pepper jack cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Keep over super low heat while you prepare the nachos.
- To prepare nachos, turn broiler on.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet and top with half of the cheese sauce. Sprinkle half of the black beans on top. Put another layer of tortilla chips, the rest of the cheese sauce, and the rest of the beans. Broil until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with tomato, green onions, and avocado.
- Serve hot.