Strawberry Coconut Granola – easy homemade granola recipe! Oats, coconut, sliced almonds, and strawberries!
Are you watching Big Brother?
I am buuuuut I’m just not into it like I normally am.
I mean, does the boyfriend come home after work and find me watching the live feeds at 1 am?
Of course he does.
But I’m just not invested in anyone yet. And it’s so disappointing because I look forward to it all year. Ugh, hopefully it will get better.
Okay, Strawberry Coconut Granola!
I’m obsessed with homemade granola. I feel like the last few times I’ve bought granola, it’s been… soft? The boxed stuff just isn’t the same as fresh out of the oven, crunchy granola.
And I’ve been really into freeze-dried fruit lately so whenever I make a batch, I throw some fruit in there for extra crunch.
It’s literally just strawberries.
I had originally wanted to do a tropical granola with their freeze-dried mango but I am addicted to the mango and bags of mango don’t last long around here. It tastes like candy. Like, I hide it from my kids when I buy a bag.
Also delicious? The freeze-dried beets. And I don’t like beets.
If you haven’t already tried Crunchies, I highly recommend picking some up. Use their store locator to find out where you can get them near you!
Homemade granola is super easy. For this recipe, I used oats, sliced almonds, and coconut. Melted some coconut oil, honey, and vanilla together and toss it with the oat mixture. And then it’s just baked until toasty and delicious.
Just be sure to stir well every 10 minutes or it will get a little darker than you want.
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, coconut flakes, almonds and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together honey and coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat and still in vanilla. Slowly pour the mixture over the oats. Fold the wet mixture into the oat mixture until the oats are evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown in color. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- When the granola is cool, stir in the freeze-dried strawberries.
Want more breakfast recipes?
Thank you to Crunchies for sending product for consideration. All opinions are my own and you should definitely try their freeze-dried mango.