Did you know that September is Better Breakfast Month? Well it is and I’ve teamed up with California Almonds to make sure your breakfast is better than ever.
It turns out that 50% of women skip breakfast when they are crunched for time. Studies show that those who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight, will maintain better cholesterol levels, and live an overall healthier life. So if you are one of those 50% that skip breakfast, almonds are a quick way to get a boost of fiber, protein, and healthy fat.
I have a great almond gift pack to give away to one of y’all but before we get to that, I have the most delicious granola recipe to share. It calls for all my favorites: almonds, dried blueberries, coconut, coconut oil! You could make this over the weekend and have a fantastic breakfast all week long.
The gift pack comes with:
- One $20 Visa gift card to buy anything else that makes your breakfast better – fresh fruit, oatmeal, almond milk, etc.
- One pound of whole natural almonds
- One jar of almond butter
- One pound of sliced almonds
- One reusable, insulated travel pouch for breakfasts on-the-go
- One double-sided recipe card for better breakfast inspiration
And by the way, that almond butter is the best almond butter I’ve ever had.
(Giveaway will run from 09/17/13 to 09/23/12. US only, please.)
California Almonds wants to see how you’re making your breakfast better. Head over to almondboard.com/