Also known as Roll Tide cupcakes.
Welcome to football season! Those of you who were around last season will remember that we are huge football fans and what better way is there to celebrate football than with cupcakes? I made these in honor of Alabama who we’re hoping will have another amazing year. Last season I made red velvet cupcakes when Alabama made it all the way so I had to get creative with the red and white. I know these aren’t exactly crimson, but close enough, right?
They are a delicious white chocolate cake with strawberry and white chocolate cream cheese frosting. It should be illegal for so much goodness to be in such a tiny cake! The frosting is like those cream cheese stuffed strawberries with white chocolate mixed in. Yeah, it’s amazing.
The best way to do the 2-color swirl? I have no idea. What works for me, though, is putting the 2 colors in separate pastry bags with the ends cut off and then putting those 2 bags in a larger pastry bag with a piping tip. You don’t risk any bleeding since the colors are completely separated until they come out of the large bag. For the recipe, I included enough to do the 2-colors but if you want to do one or the other, make a double batch of whichever one you choose.
from Baking Bites
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line muffin pans with 18 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the chopped white chocolate by heating it in 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir well with a fork between each interval and cook only until the chocolate is smooth when stirred.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by melted white chocolate and vanilla extract. Working in two or three additions, alternate adding in some of the milk and some of the flour mixture, ending with a final addition of flour. Mix until just incorporated and no streaks of flour remain.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake at 325F for 20-23 minutes until a tester comes out clean and the tops spring back when lightly pressed with a fingertip. Cool completely before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add white chocolate, vanilla extract, and heavy cream and mix until combined. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until it reaches desired consistency. If you want to pipe it, make sure it’s stiff enough to stand up on it’s own.
- Using a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add mashed strawberries and vanilla and mix until combined. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until it reaches piping consistency.