Happy Sunday! I hope you’re having a great weekend! Now, let’s all hold hands and think good thoughts for the Broncos today.
I will cry if they lose.
I promised to tell you what happened between the modem and Penelope (#idiothusky) but then I told my husband that I was going to tell you and he was all, “No! Don’t talk about that on your food blog!”
But I’m gonna tell you anyway.
So huskies have super sensitive stomachs. Which I didn’t know until I took her sick self to the doctor about a year ago and the doc told me all about it and then suggested I buy their dog food for $50 a can. But apparently, they all have sensitive stomachs. And they also like to eat things they aren’t supposed to.
And then they get sick in the middle of the night.
It was bad. The worst possible way to wake up in the morning is to husky mess everywhere and no internet.
How is this my life?
But anyway, the internet is working again and the internet man didn’t even ask me what happened to it. Thankfully.
And about these Almond Butter and Jelly Bites…
I’m trying really hard to snack on nuts and fruit instead of macarons and candy but let’s be real, a handful of raw almonds is just not very appealing. So I made these which takes those raw almonds and mixes them with dates and dried apricots and a little almond butter.
(As a side note, can we talk about how good dates and almond butter are together? Especially if you get the good Justin’s Maple Almond Butter? I put a tablespoon on top of a pitted date and omg, best healthy snack ever.)
They taste like a PB&J! And I know that sounds stupid since they’re made with almond butter but seriously, like a PB&J!
So good. Even my husband liked them and he is not into this kind of thing typically. I’ll definitely be keeping these on hand – they’re the perfect size for a pre-workout snack! And yes, they are Paleo!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup 150 grams raw almonds
- ½ cup 20 grams unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ pound 227 grams Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup 170 grams dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup salted almond butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put the almond and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are broken down and chunky. Not all pieces need to be the same size. Add the dates, apricots, almond butter, and salt, and continue processing until everything looks like coarse crumbs and sticks together.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g