Good morning, guys!
Memorial Day is less than a week away and I’m pretty excited about it. The kids and husband have the day off and we’ll spend the day grilling and if the weather’s nice, playing in the sprinkler/pool.
My perfect day!
Anyway, when I think of Memorial Day, I think of sweet tea.
I think it’s because Memorial Day kind of kicks off summer and sweet tea is the most perfect summer drink.
And number two on the list of perfect summer drinks? Lemonade!
So I combined them into this Arnold Palmer Cake and topped it with a lemony cream cheese frosting. Because why not?
I wanted to give this Stevia In The Raw® a try in this cake. I’ve been putting Stevia In The Raw in my coffee forever now so I was pretty excited about the Stevia In The Raw Bakers Bag – it measures cup for cup like sugar. So it’s a great way to reduce sugar and calories in your baked goods.
So I used it for this cake! I used half sugar, half Stevia In The Raw and it turned out great!
Stevia In The Raw is part of the In The Raw® family of sweeteners which also includes Sugar In The Raw®, Agave In The Raw® and Monk Fruit In The Raw®. If you are interested in finding out more about Stevia In The Raw, go here and to find retailers near you that sell Stevia In The Raw, use this. Also, there are coupons!
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup water
- 2 family-size regular tea bags
- 3 ½ cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup Stevia In The Raw
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
For the frosting:
- ¼ cup ½ stick butter, room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter a 9x13" pan; set aside.
- Bring water to a boil. Place tea bags in a bowl and pour the boiling water over top. Let steep for about 10 minutes. Remove tea bags and let cool.
- Whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until no lumps remain; set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar, Stevia In The Raw, and brown sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Alternately add flour mixture and tea and beat until everything is just combined. Pour batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add zest and juice of the lemon. Begin adding the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time with the mixer on low. Add the milk as needed to get the desired consistency. Spread the cream cheese frosting over the cooled cake and refrigerate. Let come to room temperature for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.